I love aprons!


Well, I know it has been forever since I have posted last. I am sorry. Here is just a small list of things we have done in the last month:

  • gardening consultations


  • wedding planning and consultations


  • workroom floor redo


  • chalkboard paint on wall in workroom



Oh, and I do have a husband and three children... needless to say, life has been a bit busy.


But I did find something interesting in Southern Living (April 2010) this month that I wanted to post about.


Living in the South is something that sets us apart, and we have our ancestors and previous generations to thank for that.


Being a florist I thought this was an interesting tradition I had never heard of for Mother's Day.

Three traditions to keep/bring back from our previous Southern generations:
1. The Easter Dress
2. The Mother's Day Corsage (duh!)
3. The Hostess Apron


You MUST buy a corsage for your mother on Mother's Day. (What is my husband supposed to do with me a florist?? I beg to ask...) The tradition goes as follows when choosing flowers and colors for the corsage. If her mother (your mother's mother) is alive, you purchase red or pink carnations or roses. If her mother has passed, you purchase either white or yellow roses or an orchid!


Why doesn't anyone do this anymore?? If you attend our church, and Mother's day comes, be watching for Dusty's mom at church... She will for sure be wearing a corsage (in red or pink) and I gaurantee the smile on her face will show why we should still do this for our mothers.


My mom doesn't live as close, so whenever we see her around mother's day... she will for sure have a flower to wear or take home. (Hers will also be red or pink!) And, if she is reading, she WILL wear it into the restaurant! Thank you very much!
I also do love aprons, which is why I picked this one out from a little etsy shop called Pig and Company. The print is called English Garden. Perfect floral print for this time of year!
Happy Easter!
Happy Spring!
Happy Weather!

Hugs,